[OM] Re: new models?

Subject: [OM] Re: new models?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:07:35 -0500
> There are two ways I see it could work, for any shutter speed.
> 1.  By taking many pictures (slices) within the shutter interval,
> comparing them sequentially, and
>    creating a picture file with most movement removed, adding up the
> exposures in pixels that
>    minimise differences between successive frames.
If the camera can't have enough buffer to shoot more than a few RAW photos
without pause, there's little chance this will happen. That seems like a lot
of processing.

> 2.  Using a an accurate motion/angle sensor with a measure of the zoom
> setting and, again using
>    slices, calculating which pixel in each slice corresponds to a place on
> the subject, then
>    creating the picture using the added-up exposures.
> or, of course, both assisting. The first would tend to use brighter lights
> as anchors.
>
>> What's wrong with this picture and my calculations?
Again, the camera would have to be the size of a laptop.

Since digital slr's don't seem to be improving on the 18 month schedule any
more, I think you are optimistic. Of course, you could just be younger than
me, and have a longer, brighter future.

Bill Pearce