[OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cam

Subject: [OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cameras
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:32:59 -0700 (PDT)
There was talk of outlawing cellphone use while driving here in
Iowa, but 90% of the state government would cease to function as
there is a lot of windshield time.

> But isn't nearly everything illegal in New York already
> anyway?

No. You can still be an inept senator.  (oops)

> Personally, I don't care. I nearly never talk on a cell phone
> while driving -- don't even turn the damn thing on since I
> don't want to be "tracked," either then or later

Uh, Walt. They can turn them on remotely now and even read the
GPS data even though you have that function turned off.

How long till they outlaw having a conversation with a passenger
or having the radio on?  Cellphones causing accidents?  I think
automatic transmissions and cruise control causes far more than
cellphone ever could.  You never heard of bluehairs mowing down
fifty people in a farmers market when cars had clutches.  "I
stepped on the brake pedal and the car just kept going faster."

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com