[OM] Coming back to the fold...

Subject: [OM] Coming back to the fold...
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:44:53 -0700
I bought an OM-1 MD back in (about) 1970-something.
I gave it up when I divorced in 1978.
Several cameras have taken up the slack in the interim, but about 2 months ago
I got my beloved OM-1 back!

Cleaned up and with a new battery, it's like new to me!

Okay. The serendipity part?

My then-wife had purchased a Tokina 35-135mm f/3.5-4.5 zoom lens, and gave it
to me as part of the kit when she returned the OM-1.
I'm normally hesitant about off brand zoom lenses, but in spite of it, took
this one for a test ride a few times recently...

I am impressed with the ergonomics, quite frankly!
I have not yet developed a film after using it, but my first blush report is ~
I like using it!

The U.S. distributors tell me this was a very well-respected and fine
performing lens when it was brought out. Top of the line, more or less.

I'll report back, but I must say, it's an easy lens to use!

Does anyone else have one, and have any stories to share?

35-135mm is a better zoom range than I had imagined!  ;-)

keith whaley