[OM] Re: Some more pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: Some more pictures
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:43:20 -0700
Fabio Fiorellato wrote:
> Hi Moose,
>
> really glad you attempted at improving my images. I do admit I'm quite a dog
> when it comes to postprocess scanned pictures: I usually tend to adjust
> levels, remove color casts the Epson 3170 is so famous for, and add a little
> *necessary* sharpening.
>
> As a matter of taste I do prefer pictures lying on the "dark side" of the
> tonal curve, although sometimes I know they should look too dark for someone
> else's taste.
>
> I've seen your processing variations with some difficulties (the rollover
> doesn't always work on my browser):
Well, that's no good! Do you wait for the second image to download? It
will take as long as the first, and can seem like a long time waiting
with the mouse over the image. When it has loaded once, you should be
able to switch instantly between the two versions as long as they are in
the browser cache.

What browser are you using?
> judging by the one I've seen, the boy
> picture is definitely improved while the boat has an excessively pronounced
> "artificial" look that makes it more "pictorial"...

I tend to overdo, rather than underdo, images like this, so one may see
what's possible and imagine the place in between where they would like
to have the image.
> The Polignano a mare view is indeed overexposed on the original slide. Maybe
> there's some more room for improvement, but this I'll tell ya for sure as
> soon as I can take a look at your work :)

Oddly enough, it is only overexposed by a small amount.

Moose