[OM] Re: heads up? OM2 plus lenses etc on e*ay 50 pounds so far for om2

Subject: [OM] Re: heads up? OM2 plus lenses etc on e*ay 50 pounds so far for om2 24mm 2.8 50mm 1.4 135 2.8
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:20:41 -0700 (PDT)
> The thing about eekbay is that a lot of auctions really occur
> in the
> minute just before they close.  The snipers converge and final
> price escalates very rapidly.

I had a bit of a scare just last night. I was bidding on a
lighting controller board that had just one other bid on it. I
placed a $60 bid on the thing and it held right up to the last
second.  Since I absolutely had to get this item, I put my
maximum bid up way over $300--which was actually still under the
fair price for it.  I'm monitoring it, the auction closes, and
it disappears.  It took almost two minutes for oboy to indicate
that I had won the bid.  For $60.  In the meantime, I'm kicking
myself because I should have put my maximum up hundreds higher.

Life's too short for this kind of stress.  I'll probably still
charge my customer $500 for the thing, though.  :)

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com