[OM] Re: [OT] Hi-Fi advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Hi-Fi advice
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:01:44 +0200
<<
It would help us to have an idea of what you think is a reasonable amount
of money to spend on this. 300 Euros? 500? 1000? We can always tell you
that whatever amount you have in mind is not nearly enough :-)  It's
possible to spend thousands of Euros on just one power amplifier (times
two for stereo). Also, do you have any plans to listen to either movies or
some of the newer multiple-channel formats like SACD or DVD-A? And since
you say "amplifier", do you not want to listen to radio at all through
this system?

I'm thinking of some 200 euros for the amplifier, maybe slighty more. It
will play cd and radio,
but not dvd because I don't own a TV and I don't want one (yes, I know I'm
strange).
I was thinking of a NAD C320 or C320BEE, but I have to find an used one
with my budget.
What I really need to know is if there is a better brand/model in that
range of price or with
same quality at less price.
For the CD player I don't have any idea of a brand/model. So any advice is
useful.
The tuner I think I can choose one myself because for the use I can find
one locally.

Ralf Loi