[OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cam

Subject: [OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cameras
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:38:13 -0400
Can you point us to the 20 minutes AFTER research?

As regards communicating with passengers it can certainly be a
distraction but there is a major difference, at least with adults.  An
adult passenger can see what the driver is confronted with and
understands if the driver stops talking momentarily to attend to some
unusual road conditions or hazard.  Someone else on the other end of a
cell phone conversation will keep on jabbering or start yelling "Can't
you hear me" and insist on attracting the driver's attention.

Chuck Norcutt