[OM] Re: Sigma 55-200mm vs Zuiko 50-200mm

Subject: [OM] Re: Sigma 55-200mm vs Zuiko 50-200mm
From: Tim Randles <tim.randles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 05:24:11 -0700 (PDT)

Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:(...)Well, anyhow Tim got a
lesson in constant
aperture zooms, weight considerations and potential problems with small
apertures.  :-)Yes, thanks a lot for that, I think I understand the low light
thing F/stops a lot better now. I'm feeling a little more confident and more
adventurous every day, and I truly am in love with this digital photography. My
familty loves the images I send to them.

I have left the camera home on one or 2 occasions in the last 3 days and there
was always a shot I wish I could have taken. We had a lighting storm last week
coming home from the airport. No rain, just wicked lightening that I never
stopped to shoot.. I still regret it.. and a freak rain storm in the middle of
the city, with a blazing sunset / blue sky in the background with no rain and a
full double rainbow right above the orange ball of sun, I almost cried when  I
saw that yesterday and didnt have my camera, now I wont leave the house without
it.

It seems that a lot of the pics I take just didnt get enough light into them,
it was foggy, cloudy, the sun was behind clouds, there was sunsets, it was
dusk, or early morning..there is blue tint to a lot of them too...

So, with this in mind, I am going to select lenses based on low light
capability, I can deal with the weight issues, how does that go, "anything more
than 500 yards from the car isnt photogenic"..,. yea.. that applies to planes
trains and automobiles,  and in my case...boats, and especially quads too..I
love quads..

Cheers.. Tim