[OM] Re: Sigma 55-200mm vs Zuiko 50-200mm

Subject: [OM] Re: Sigma 55-200mm vs Zuiko 50-200mm
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:11:01 +0200
>Choosing a lens so that you can actually take a photo at f/2.8 is a
>different consideration than my use.  I'd probably up the ISO several
>notches before opening the aperture but that's something that will
>likely kick off a whole separate discussion.

Chuck, one of the good points of ZD lenses is that they reach their optimal
resolution (or nearly so) at full aperture. For the 50-200mm, look up:
http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/lenses/olympus_50200_2835/index.htm
It's very nice to be able to use a lens at f/2.8, knowing that it will perform
at its best.

Bernard