[OM] WTB close up lens for OM 80 mm macro

Subject: [OM] WTB close up lens for OM 80 mm macro
From: Walter Stephan <wstephan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:16:41 -0400
Hi all,

as the subject says, I'm looking for the matched diopter for the OM 80 mm f4
macro should anyone have one surplus to their needs.  I really don't know how
much better this will perform than an "unmatched" 2 element diopter, but if
at all possible I'd like to get the real thing (has anyone tried this
combination with the telescoping auto tube on a 4/3 digital body?).

I've had quite a bit of fun playing with the 80 mm mounted on the 65-116 auto
tube on my E300.  This is one situation where the larger depth of field of
the 4/3 system is an advantage compared to other digital SLR's.  Despite not
having the auto aperture feature on the digi-body, this combination seems to
me to be very usable in the field for 35 mm equivalent magnifications of up
to 2:1, which would be extended to 4:1 with the diopter, useful for very
small insects and counting pollen grains inside flowers :-)

Walter