[OM] Re: Oly market share

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly market share
From: "Walters, Martin" <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:20:07 -0400
There are a number of threads on DPR about this. One set of statistics
posted there shows Olympus' sales for last business year - and for the
Imaging group, the distribution was:
Europe 41.1%
N.America 27.0%
Asia 18.0%
Japan 10.1%
Others 3.8%

These figures (if they're correct, and why not?) show that Oly doesn't
do that well in Japan (for all cameras, not just SLRs). Might explain
the low figure for SLRs in Japan. Shouldn't Canon be worried by a
one-month fall in market share too?

Martin