[OM] Re: And Now For Something Completely Different - 3

Subject: [OM] Re: And Now For Something Completely Different - 3
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:38:39 -0700
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

Sorry If I upset you. Also sorry the wife thing pulled attention away
from my theme. First image was impersonal but lush nature with
silhouetted trees. Second was a strongly geometric image of the peak of
industrial age power with no elments not wrought by humans. Third was a
nubile young woman, reminiscent in one way of the natural shapes of the
first image, yet different because of the human and sexual element.
> You say she is your first wife.  Does that mean she is your current wife?

No, I've been married twice. The first, pictured, has been an ex- for
longer now that the number of years either of us had lived when we
separated. The wonderful woman who was my second wife also became my
late wife in '89. Twice bitten, thrice shy? Anyway, I've not married
again since - but you never know what might happen... In the meantime,
I'm quite happy in the second first class relationship of my life.

> Where did this discussion of ex-wives start?
As above, I wasn't really intending to head in that direction. I have
been sporadically and with no known order wandering through old
photographs and scanning them. Up came one that seemed to me a natural
addition to the idea of something completely different than the last
image posted. (Un)fortunately, it also happened to be my first wife.
which got me thinking and I wrote a little about that.

I seem to think that Walt "started it" a while ago when he posted some
ex-wife shots, then recently a new one (photo, not wife) on a motorcycle
[which is what made it only OT, not totally OT, I suppose. ;-) ]. My
thought is that he probably ran across these images as I did mine,
wandering through old photos.
> This is totally  OT.
LOL!  Our relationships, past and present, to firearms, motor vehicles,
kites, bicycles, non-OM photographic gear, etc. etc., is only OT, but
non-OM human relationships are "totally" OT?
There in an obscure OM connection. This is the woman who ended up with
the Nikon with which the pic was taken so I could justify buying my
first OM. Does that count?

> I'm not going to participate and I will say that I have move OM bodies than I
> have
> ex-wives.  That should not clear up anything for the curious.  <[8^)
Well, I am curious - but I'd be embarrassed to reveal how many OM bodies
I have, so I must respect your reticence in the matter.

Moose