[OM] Re: Grand Junction

Subject: [OM] Re: Grand Junction
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 10:16:53 -0500
>> I live here, and I still find it difficult to capture the Monument. Most
>> days, it's just too hazy, or the sun completely washes out the colors.
and,
> A scene that looks bright and colorful to the eye, will often look
> washed out to the "eye" of the camera.

I've shot a lot in Colorado, beginning in the early seventies, but for some
reason, I've never been to Grand Junction that I can remember. Anyway, I
find that Velvia or something like it is highly necessary. The amount of
haze there has increased notably over the years I've been shooting there. I
read somewhere that, for example, the Four Corners power plant puts out a
stream of pollution that covers many states, and can be seen from space.
I've not noticed any improvement since Denver started using special
gasoline.

I also generally use a 1A or 81A filter there.

You aren't driving a Hummer, are you....

Bill Pearce, running for cover