[OM] Re: Focus problem

Subject: [OM] Re: Focus problem
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:10:48 -0700
You also need to keep in mind that a very large print may need more DOF. The
Zuikos that have the DOF scale seem to be good unless you really push how
much you enlarge. The Mamiya 7 is notorious for how optimistic its DOF marks
are.

If you're using a 2 touch zoom you can guesstimate settings if you have a
similar focal length lens. Of course I usually carry a zoom to reduce the
number of lenses. I guess I should print out some tables.
-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>

On 27/08/06, Russ Butler <russ@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > No, I understand how to use the DOF marks on the lenses, but they are a
 > bit coarse & ambiguous (e.g. which part of the infinity symbol is
 > infinity?).

The bit that lines up with the central focus marker when the lens is
set to infinity?