[OM] Fluoresecent studio lights, was Re: DSLR advice

Subject: [OM] Fluoresecent studio lights, was Re: DSLR advice
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:50:58 -0400
I have dimmable flourescent cove lighting in my kitchen with daylight
bulbs.  I hadn't known that one could dim fluorescents until I built
this house 10 years ago.  When talking to the guy at the lighting store
I was grousing about having to choose incandescent lighting if I wanted
it to be dimmable.  He said no problem and ordered special ballasts from
a company in Boston.  The controls are the ordinary dimmer switches
you'd use with incandescent lights.

I've often thought that this arrangment with daylight bulbs would make a
good set of studio lights.

Chuck Norcutt