[OM] Re: [OT] Hi-Fi advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Hi-Fi advice
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:52:55 -0400
Sadly, retailers that offer a decent listening environment seem to be
going out of business as quickly as camera stores.

So many people are now 'numbers buyers' and base decisions on printed
specs and price rather personal preference and evaluation that local
shops catering to the discerning (i.e., *us*) struggle to be
profitable.

Good luck with your small house concept.  My wife and I explored
building one and found that "small" and "high quality" are mutually
exclusive in our area.  New development projects insist on minimum
square footage that is higher than what we have now.  And truth to
tell, the quality of workmanship simply isn't very good.  We'll stay
with what we've got.  I've given up on having a decent listening room.

ScottGee1