[OM] Cicada with 50mm 3.5 macro

Subject: [OM] Cicada with 50mm 3.5 macro
From: LostKase <lostkase2003@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:36:11 -0700 (PDT)
 I dropped my daughter off at her mothers this evening and this guy scared her
and her friend. She kicked it off her front porch into the bushes. I remarked
that it would probably look pretty wicked if I used my 50mm 3.5 Zuiko macro
lens on it. The girls then went on a hunt to relocate the fellow. I placed it
on the trunk of my car on top of my camera bag and used the onboard flash on
the E-500, shooting hand held, moving the camera back and forth to try and
determine focus. The viewfinder on the E-500 doesn't work well for me for
manually focussing but out of the series this was the sharpest.
http://www.bellsouthpwp.net/l/o/lostkase/cicada.jpg
 Sunday, I grabbed a shot of this bee.
http://www.bellsouthpwp.net/l/o/lostkase/smallbee.jpg
 Digital definitely helps with playing with my macro lenses.

Bob