[OM] Re: Next E-x?

Subject: [OM] Re: Next E-x?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:16:54 -0700
I am just the opposite. Anti-shake enables me to take pictures that I
would not ordinarily be able to and improves my percentage with a
long lens. Maybe it is just me, but I see no benefit of live preview
over the SLR optical view. It seems a novelty that has no practical
use. Good sensor, lenses and construction are important.

>> IS will make its way with the brand new E-xx and very unlikely to
>> be seen in
>> the E-3 or even the E-2. Olympus maintains a very pure stand on
>> this issue.

Sorry, but this purity thing smacks of the same kind of convenient
rationalization that explained why OM lenses could not be used on a
digital camera.

I think I will let this thread alone. Hope the E-3 is a wonderful
camera and soon.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA