[OM] Re: Satisfaction faction

Subject: [OM] Re: Satisfaction faction
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:47:52 +0800
Cc: "Mariyam (Lai-Fun)" <maycos60@xxxxxxxxx>
On 30/08/06, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Piers wrote:
> > Welcome Khem, your posts are something new for us.  And as to
> > your previous bitter experience, I hope we can live up to
> > early promise - perhaps it only
> > shows that as one door closes, another door obens.
> >
> > Oops, was that a typo?  Or was it not?
>
> One main difference now is that we have and are willing to use
> the "Nuclear Option". If the in-door should "oben", we can
> exercise an egress for the individual causing said rucus.

That's good. I didn't believe that with the "other" site, there was enough
resolve to do any such thing, although I might be wrong. I decided not to
wait around and see what might or could have happened. I didn't have the
time even if leaving them didn't really appear fair on them. Now I find that
in this list, I am having an amazingly torrid ( hahahaha....) time answering
so many questions. This is blimey (!) only my second day and I'm finding
myself inundated with so many mail messages to respond to. Whew....the sweat
drips off my brow!!!!

For those who don't know, please don't ask.  In a nutshell (pun
> not intended--yeah right), we had a list-member go into meltdown
> mode and self-destruct.  He attempted to destroy others in the
> meantime.  It's been a long time now since that happened and the
> current list management has no tolerance of a repeat.  A lot is
> allowed, but the politics of personal-destruction isn't.

Very good to hear that. Thank you AG.

Khem, we're so happy to have you join us.

hahahaha....it's actually Khen. Piers got it wrong....  :)

This list has been
> around since forever, and the technical depth of the
> participants is unbelievable. In the early days of the list,
> this could have been thought of as the "reverse-engineering"
> list as we were gathering information on the OM system that
> probably would have stunned you and others at Olympus.

I won't be surprised about that!

But the
> one thing we've always lacked was the "inside perspective".  The
> "why" behind some of the designs.

I'll try my best, AG.

Khem, you are now a "protected asset" of the list.  We'll make
> an exception to the regular "Hazing" process we put new people
> through.  Candice, your hazing is still on the schedule, though.

HAHAHAHAHA.....

<g>

> AG

> http://mail.yahoo.com