[OM] Re: Well, that settles it

Subject: [OM] Re: Well, that settles it
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:53:21 +0800
On 30/08/06, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Khen's comments totally settled it for me.
>
> I was going to leave my OM-2S at home and just go digital this
> trip.  Nope, can't do it.  Just maybe you've convinced Joel to
> bring his OM-4Ti.
>
> The OM-2S will be used with pride.

Damn damn nice to hear this! Goodonya!

...as well as my prized 100/2.8.

> Maybe Khen can comment as to why the middle-series of 100/2.8
> lenses are so unique and special.

I've always always loved this lens and in fact, it takes pride of mountship
on my OM-2n. I'm not sure why myself AG because I wasn't attached to the
Optical Group. This Group is so secretive that the Zuiko multicoating
formulation is actually behind lock and key at Olympus. When I came up with
the idea of the integrated dioptric control for the AZ-300, which culminated
in the AZ-330, I had to forward the idea to Maitani first and then get his
approval. Upon that, Maitani set up the meeting with the Zuiko Optical
Group. These guys are scary people - the way they think so obtusely. Half
the time, none of us would know what they were talking about because they
don't speak English! FYI, the OM-3/4/3Ti/4Ti dioptric control optical
arrangement was loosely derived from the AZ-330. I just look at it with
teary eyes and affection.... :)

K.

AG

> http://mail.yahoo.com