[OM] Going away, sort of, for a while.

Subject: [OM] Going away, sort of, for a while.
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:32:19 +0000
The approaching concomitance of football, hunting, fishing, camping, top-down,
and autumn color seasons, which come, most happily and conveniently, during the
best four months of the year during which to be outdoors in these parts, and
after school is back in session, leaving the weekday world to the adults who
have done our duty and managed to get all our own brats grown and out of the
house, I will be somewhat less involved here, at least until the bitter winter
winds of January start to blow the fun away. I'm loading up now for the trip to
Knoxville for the UT-Cal affair this weekend. The E-thingies and the Jack are
carefully packed and stowed, so don't worry about the "valuables."

Before I leave, though, I want to add my welcome to Khen. I hope you'll stick
around and keep providing all the great info. The list has been much more
interesting than usual since yesterday, and that alone may cause me to check
the goings on here more frequently than I might otherwise while off pursuing
other interests.

And about the 180/2.8 Zuiko, which has far less CA than some allege, I'm in
full agreement with C.H. I've got over 30 Zuikos, and only five are on the
"from my cold, dead hands" list: 21/2, 50/2, 100/2, 180/2.8, and 35-80/2.8.

See y'all later. Try to behave, ya hear?

Oh, almost forgot. You intrepid northwoods outdoorsmen have a good time. I'll
be thinking of you, together with the words from an old Jimmy Buffett song:
"The weather is here, wish you were beautiful."

And, Bill, better sleep with one eye open if you're really taking along the
7-14 DZ.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from