[OM] Re: Going away, sort of, for a while.

Subject: [OM] Re: Going away, sort of, for a while.
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 00:47:37 +0800
On 31/08/06, Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Before I leave, though, I want to add my welcome to Khen. I hope you'll
> stick around and keep providing all the great info. The list has been much
> more interesting than usual since yesterday, and that alone may cause me to
> check the goings on here more frequently than I might otherwise while off
> pursuing other interests.

Thanks for the welcome, Walt. The way i'm going, i'm gonna run out of fuel
soon...gotta go turbodiesel next.....whoa no.....gotta go HYDROGEN....have
to be politically correct don't we.....  :)

And about the 180/2.8 Zuiko, which has far less CA than some allege, I'm in
> full agreement with C.H. I've got over 30 Zuikos, and only five are on the
> "from my cold, dead hands" list: 21/2, 50/2, 100/2, 180/2.8, and 35-80/2.8.

>From your list, i'd take the following to my grave - - 180/2.8 (DEFINITELY),
21/2 (actually i prefer 21/3.5...more compact), 100/2 (I have the 100/2.8
and love it)....no zooms for me.

See y'all later. Try to behave, ya hear?

> Oh, almost forgot. You intrepid northwoods outdoorsmen have a good time.
> I'll be thinking of you, together with the words from an old Jimmy Buffett
> song: "The weather is here, wish you were beautiful."

I can just imagine the smugness on your face when you say
that...hahahaha..... :D

And, Bill, better sleep with one eye open if you're really taking along the
> 7-14 DZ.
>
> Walt
>
> --
> "Anything more than 500 yards from