[OM] Must be some type of record for one box

Subject: [OM] Must be some type of record for one box
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:30:51 -0400
 Hi,

I've had trouble coming up with an optimal macro/general tripod slider/focusing
rail solution. It's clearly best  to try things out before investing in this.
Jeff K kindly sent me his extra Gitzo  tripod with Acratech  head with sundry
of QR plates of different sizes and MPR's to try.  I expected this package.
The box weighed a ton and there were more boxes included.  Low and behold---
there was an OM-4 with a 135 macro with autotube (all LN)  with a focusing rail
all set to go!  Then found the Z.  80mm macro.  (not to mention spare
batteries, body cap etc.)  Now my wife and I are armed to the teeth for macro
experimentation.  Thanks Jeff!!!!!
The RRS MPR's are clearly very nicely built, though the design has changed
some.

I owe Jeff a special thanks for this and much other advice and heads-up on
gear.  Also many thanks to other list members.    I hope I can reciprocate
somewhat.  And people un subscribe?  I will unsubscribe with cold, dead
fingers.

Mike
All on demand. Always Free.