[OM] Why the OM-2S is my favorite

Subject: [OM] Why the OM-2S is my favorite
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:18:41 -0700 (PDT)
Inspired by Khen's comments on the OM-2S, I'm going to expand on
why I think it's the finest OM of the bunch:

1. Exposure compensation dial is next to the shutter-release.
2. Shutter-release has a guard.
3. The meter goes in the same direction as the aperture ring.
Not opposite like the OM-4.  (The E-1 really chokes at that).
4. Continous spot meter, no press-to-spot button to waste time
with.
5. Ability to drag-shutter for flash-exposures with a continous
display of the shutter-speed in an ANALOG style format.
6. Program-Auto-Manual switch--I'm going to expound on it here:

The Program-Auto-Manual switch is by far the most important
aspect of the OM-2S. In tricky lighting conditions, like bright
direct sunlight, you can determine exposure with the spot meter
or the Sunny-16 rule. Or just program the camera in manual mode
with the aperture you want and the shutter-speed to give a
correct exposure. Now, just flip the camera back to Auto and
shoot away. Keeping an eye on the meter, you will know when the
camera is getting fooled. Just flip the switch to manual and you
are at your base exposure. No need to use exposure compensation
or anything, just flip the switch, take your picture and flip it
back.

Two things that Canon introduced to the camera world are beyond
comprehension:  Digital readouts showing shutter speed and
aperture in a non-analog style display and the MORONIC PASM
dial.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com