[OM] Re: Why the OM-2S is my favorite

Subject: [OM] Re: Why the OM-2S is my favorite
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:47:20 -0300

> Maybe it's because I'm only on my second cup of coffee, AG, but I'm
> afraid I got lost on this one.  First of all, I've never considered
> "bright, direct sunlight" to be "tricky lighting".  Often undesirable
> but not tricky.  But what I really don't understand is why, after having
> set a proper manual exposure, I'd want to switch to auto.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

The OM2s is my favorite film camera for one simple reason, the continous and
easy-to-use spot metering. I rarely take it off manual. I shoot almost
exclusively slide film with it, so I need accurate metering. In tricky
lighting you can only properly expose one part, and I like to chose that
part. I think that is easiest done with the OM2s spot meter, and some
experience of course of what you want.
Now admittedly, I don't have an OM4t. At one time I was sure I wanted one,
but the more I researched how they work, the more I realized I already had a
better metering system for what I wanted, in the OM2s.
Wayne