[OM] Re: Polarizing filters was re:grand junction

Subject: [OM] Re: Polarizing filters was re:grand junction
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 00:14:14 +0800
Tim

Try it at your friendly camera store first to see if it does what you're
happy with. Do remember there are two types of POL filters - the linear
(standard) POL and the CIRC (circular) POL. Get the latter for spot-metering
cameras. If you're using the OM-1 or OM-2, the linear polariser will do the
trick.
I don't have anything to back up my claim but from my observations, the
linear polariser's effects are more dramatic.

OH I NEARLY FORGOT!
OK, Tim and CANDACE

When you use POL filters, expect a drop of around -1.5EV. So if you use the
filter on relatively slow zooms, slow shutter speeds might result.
Truly sorry that I didn't remember this earlier....

K.

On 01/09/06, Tim Randles <tim.randles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Explains it elegantly, the kind of explanation even *I* can run across my
> feeble neurons..
>
> So now I gotta go buy one of these Circular polarized filters for my
> aircraft shots I guess.. at least... that is what I understood it to be
> needing, to get rid of so much of the haze I seem to pick up..
>
> >Hope that helps. It's kind of a convoluted way to explain it
> though.....  :(

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Khen Lim