[OM] Re: Welcome to all newbies

Subject: [OM] Re: Welcome to all newbies
From: Garth <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:15:24 -0600
I joined in 1997, if memory serves.  At that time, the List was hosted
by a listserver in Canada (Vancouver Island, British Columbia, at a
local community college -- the IT guy there [Shawn] was a serious
Zuikoholic...).

It had been around for many years prior, but I honestly don't know how
far back it goes (I suspect the claim that it goes back to the intro of
the M-1 is tongue-in-cheek; it just *feels* that way somedays).

My one notable contribution, now obsoleted, was to host The Unofficial
Olympus Web Photo Gallery on my company's servers starting in early
1998.  The rise of innumerable cheap or free photo hosting/sharing
services put an end to it (good thing, too -- I was having a hard time
keeping up with the updates, which always seemed to come in enormous
waves followed by long periods of drought, rather than a steady trickle).

It's had its ups and downs, but I'm still here -- and I don't normally
suffer fools gladly, so I guess that's saying something.

Garth