[OM] Re: Welcome to all newbies

Subject: [OM] Re: Welcome to all newbies
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 02:28:27 +0800
Hahahaha....sometimes it gets difficult knowing what is truth and what is a
piece of joke thrown around over here. Guys are so humorous with their wit
so much so that when I heard about tele-text and the M-1, I was gullible
enough to take it all in!!! But I'll get there eventually once more and more
people like you post their history lessons to me. I'm dead interested
because this List is formidable and I'm prepared to believe that this is the
most pervasive and largest of its type on the net. Someone out there can
either substantiate that or correct me. Either way is fine. I just want to
know.
Thanks Garth. Your information is invaluable.

K.

On 01/09/06, Garth <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I joined in 1997, if memory serves.  At that time, the List was hosted
> by a listserver in Canada (Vancouver Island, British Columbia, at a
> local community college -- the IT guy there [Shawn] was a serious
> Zuikoholic...).
>
> It had been around for many years prior, but I honestly don't know how
> far back it goes (I suspect the claim that it goes back to the intro of
> the M-1 is tongue-in-cheek; it just *feels* that way somedays).
>
> My one notable contribution, now obsoleted, was to host The Unofficial
> Olympus Web Photo Gallery on my company's servers starting in early
> 1998.  The rise of innumerable cheap or free photo hosting/sharing
> services put an end to it (good thing, too -- I was having a hard time
> keeping up with the updates, which always seemed to come in enormous
> waves followed by long periods of drought, rather than a steady trickle).
>
> It's had its ups and downs, but I'm still here -- and I don't normally
> suffer fools gladly, so I guess that's saying something.
>

> Garth

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Khen Lim