[OM] Re: magic pixels; please pass the mustard

Subject: [OM] Re: magic pixels; please pass the mustard
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:11:30 -0700
Amazing, the pent up questions here. :-)

One thing I loved about having a Leica was subscribing to Leica
Fotografie which was amazing in providing all sorts of arcane
knowledge about the development of the cameras. One I remember was a
photo of shelves of models for the M3 before its shape was finalized.
One nice thing was that the lens capsule unscrewed from the lens
barrel on most of the lenses. If you did that you would find the
measured focal length to one or two decimal places engraved on it.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA