[OM] Re: Welcome to all newbies

Subject: [OM] Re: Welcome to all newbies
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:04:36 -0700
They probably don't. Actually that is a common criticism of all the
Japanese camera companies. Nikon is said to have a loyal cadre of
users in Japan and mostly just pays attention to them. Nikon seems to
be one of the more insular companies in more ways than one. The
subsidiary the sells them in the US was a US company they bought out
and they don't pay much attention to them either-gaijin or just too
far from Japan to be relevant?  Canon seems to be the only truly
multinational company and pays a little more attention to the
customers. For the rest it seems like there is a higher value in
satisfying some cultural and engineering esthetic.  Japanese camera
companies are unlike their car companies which do extensive customer
feedback studies.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA