[OM] Re: Next E-x?

Subject: [OM] Re: Next E-x?
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 21:51:49 +0800
Keith
I'm not really sure and it's been a long time since then. Much of the
modifications to cameras be it us or Knick-con, Lie-car or Can-none are
without our intervention. They pretty much do what they feel is appropriate
although in most cases, they are not major. The same with the way they deal
with IBM's ThinkPads. No different here in fact.
The "heat reflection" reason was what I remember being told. The leatherette
perishing was also another. I'm no aeronautical/aerospace engineer and I'm
be damn if any of these are spot-on or not......  :(
I'm sorry I cannot be of much further help in this case, Keith.

K.

On 01/09/06, keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> khen lim wrote:
> > We were told that it was to reflect heat. The leatherette cladding would
> > perish immediately in space, Keith.
> > Real good to see you here, Keith. I certainly do remember you well.....
> :)
> >
> > K.
>
> Being an old aerospace engineer, I'm not exactly sure what you mean.
> What sort of "perish" do you mean?
> (Who else would care, right?)
>
> Their cameras are not in OUTER SPACE, they're inside the cabin, right?
> Or, do they plan to carry them outside, where there is essentially no
> atmospheric pressure (pretty good vacuum) and PLENTY of cold?
>
> Two entirely different scenarios.
> I was thinking inside the cabin.
>
> If these were intended to be carried *outside* the shuttle, all comments
> are
> scrubbed! i'm outta here!  ;-)
>
> keiht

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com