[OM] Re: Grand Junction

Subject: [OM] Re: Grand Junction
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 10:24:01 -0700 (PDT)
"The reason no filters are attached to the lens is
that no physical
filters are required if you're talking color filters.
As we just
discussed the only physical filters required for
digital are polarizers
and UV.  But I'm not talking the weak UV people
normally attach
(unnecessarily in my opinion) fulltime to protect (ha,
ha) their lenses. "

I tried going without a UV on the ZD 50-200. However,
I noticed a very tiny little scratch on the front
element. I had the lens replaced and didnt want to
chance it again.

I figured since the E-500 has all those filters
built-in I would try them while shooting in
Monochrome. I guess I wanted to know if the built-in
filters are just as effective as having a physical
filter on the lens.

I have to admit that I havent tried shooting in RAW
just yet. Still messing around in JPEG/SHQ. Tho I am
looking at getting a 4gb CF card in the next few days
and then I will explore RAW.

I will look into the 81 filters as well.

http://mail.yahoo.com