[OM] Re: Welcome to all newbies

Subject: [OM] Re: Welcome to all newbies
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 05:48:57 -0400
Hi, Mike.  I was a digest user for years even though I often received
advice (like this) to switch to individual mails.  Eventually I tried it
and, at the same time, set up a filter in the inbox to look for "[OM]"
mails and shuttle them off to a sub-folder.  Since then I've also done
the same with a few other lists I belong to.  Now I don't understand why
it took me so long to switch.

I think I used to believe that it would take me much longer to open,
read and delete individual mails but I find that exactly the opposite is
true.  It's also much easier to follow a particular thread and respond
in a timely manner.  It's also easy to just delete a bunch if, for
example, you don't happen to have a love affair with cats.  However, it
still pays to open about every fifth entry of an uninteresting thread
since it may have morphed into something more interesting like links to
free OM gear.  :-)

Try it, you'll like it.  But we should all still trim our posts.

Chuck Norcutt