[OM] Re: scam linked to yabe question

Subject: [OM] Re: scam linked to yabe question
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 19:58:37 +0800
Paul

We have fake CFs over here that unwitting owners weren't as "fortunate" as
you....what we believe that might be happening is that the CFs that didn't
make the grade at the factory were "relabelled" not by the factory of course
but by those who stole them....therefore some owners reported card failure
as well as nowhere near the specified storage capacities etc.

K.

On 02/09/06, Paul <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was an unwitting victim of a fake Sandisk 2GB CF card. It's quite rife
> on e*ay at the moment. There's a useful link here that highlights the
> differences between the original and the fake:
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/fakesandisk/
>
> The crazy thing is - the card works absolutely fine - no difference at
> all on the E-1 and when reading via my card reader I can't tell the
> difference in performance (though I'm usually making a cup of tea while
> this is happening...;)). As it cost half the price of the same item in
> the high street I don't feel hard done by at all. Maybe when I want to
> cash in on the 'lifetime warranty' I'll feel different, but I've yet to
> have a flash card fail on me, and don't expect it to happen any day now.
>
> As for crappy card readers - don't get me started :).
>

> Paul
>

> Ali Shah wrote:
> > They have crazy scams. Have you ever received an email
> > from a yabe "member" that says "If you dont ship such
> > and such item, I will report you..."?
> >
> > I just read that they are producing FAKE Sandisk
> > memory cards. That is scary...how do you know if you
> > are getting a real one on Yabe? Doesnt make sense to
> > buy a memory card on Yabe anymore I guess.

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Khen Lim
XIOS Network Solutions