[OM] Re: OM-4Ti body

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4Ti body
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 20:03:44 +0800
On 02/09/06, keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Martyn Smoothy wrote:
> > No OM-1? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> Khen? He would have to have!
> Like the Swiss Home Guards, he's probably required to keep an OM-1 at
> home,
> just  in  case.

Yes I have one but to release the lock, I have to press the DEFCON-III
button. In the meantime, it's the OM-4Ti doing workhorse hours....

Small, insignificant story: I bought an OM-1 MD within the same year they
> showed up on the dealer's shelf!
> What was that? Maybe early 1974?
>
> Anyhow, it was given to my better half (at the time) on our separation and
> divorce, who has in the meanwhile kept it safe and dry.
> That was 1979.
>
> So, these 26 years later, I managed to get her to release that poor ol'
> thing
> into my custody!
> Cleaned up and CLA'd, it has a new life ahead of it!
> A battery adapter will take care of that little glitch.
>
> To me it is at once familiar and comfortable, yet somehow new!
> It looks brand new! Good handling camera!
>
> Those old cameras are as wonderful today as they ever were!  <g>

they're trusty ole and reliable pals...I look at my OM-1 and I smile. He
smiles back at me.

I started out with film, in about 1939, in a Retina I, eventually ended up
> with digital in 2002.
> Now, in 2006, full circle. Back to film!
> LOtsa water under the bridge, no?
>

> keith whaley

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx