[OM] Certainly as close to "On Topic" as most, a Saturday morning divers

Subject: [OM] Certainly as close to "On Topic" as most, a Saturday morning diversion . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 09:05:28 EDT
It is not like I don't need to fine tune my Isle Royale kit and decide what
stays and what goes in the other pack . . .  clothes, sleeping  bag,etc.  As I
was digging around in the glove box of my big gas drinking  4WD SUV I
happened upon a membership application for the Texas Photographic  Society
(_www.texasphoto.org_ (http://www.texasphoto.org) ) which had  been hanging out
in there
for a year or so.  Don't be fooled by the name of  the organization.  I moved
it from the environment destroyer to a  staging area, by my computer, for the
trash can (actually the  recycle bin as there is a bit of yin and yang going
on here).  Hmm, might  be worth my time to look at their site before sending
their fancy brochure off  to be its next life as toilet paper in the train
station.  The bottom line,  and I'm not talking about the toilet paper issue,
is
that this site is worth a  look.  I took the tour (be sure to check out the
galleries and benefits),  drank my first cup of coffee and sent them my
membership dues.  As I said,  don't be fooled by the name, there are
photographers from
around the world  represented in their membership and the work is truly
fantastic.  Worth a  look and looks to be a good field in which to play.  <[8^)

Bill  Barber