[OM] Re: Calling Khen, was Re: Flash trigger voltage on the E-500?

Subject: [OM] Re: Calling Khen, was Re: Flash trigger voltage on the E-500?
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 23:55:17 +0800
Very difficult call on this. I was monitoring this thread awhile ago so this
is not the first time I'm seeing it but seeing my name up on the
title....mmmm.....

I did contact Shinju-ku on this issue abot the trigger voltage on the
E-500's hotshoe but got no response. I'm still waiting for a reply on this
like I'm now also waiting for more information on the E-400. I suspect they
are incredibly bust right now - september's not a good month for olympus
because of Photokina. lots of email will eventually be coming my way, I
expect.

I cannot help you further at this point until i hear from them, guys.

K.

On 03/09/06, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Better than nothing but a much different answer than Oly giving us the
> voltage limit design point for the specific camera.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>
> NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
>

> > In a message dated 9/3/2006 7:33:46 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> > chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> >
> > Where's  Khen?  Call your Oly engineers and ask what's the voltage limit
> > on  the E-500 hot shoe.  Almost said PC socket too but I just remembered
> > it doesn't have one.
> >
> > Chuck Norcutt
> >

> > Chuck, some time back I emailed Olympus technical support about the use
> on
> > the Olympus OM flashes with the e-1 and was told they would work fine
> without
> > frying the guts of my e-1.  I mention this only as a suggestion to
> possibly
> > check with Olympus Tech Support and save their answer.  Bill  Barber

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Khen Lim
XIOS Network Solutions