[OM] Re: OT philosophy, and no, there really is not a truth,...

Subject: [OM] Re: OT philosophy, and no, there really is not a truth,...
From: Tim Randles <tim.randles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 09:56:35 -0700 (PDT)
IWert, I sadly agree with you on this one...

Critical thinking skills and healthy debate died out with the removal of
mandatory Latin training from university education. After that point,
everything became learning by rote, "we will tell you what to think and what
you need to know"

Exibiting a difference of thoughts and opinion these days is synonymous  with
being "agressive", difficult, or even violent and abusive in these places of
supposed education. Just expressing an opinion and ne could be accused of "not
working with the system". People are trained in these places to be dumb and
follow along... " why cant we all just get along"

I dont know why any man of reason, intelligence and creativity would attend a
feminist monotheistic politically correct institution of higher brain washing
in the first place.

All you have to do is think about the bulk of the engineers/scientists they are
producing these days. There are a few exceptions, ( they probably work at
Olympus!)  but really, what "REAL" advances has our society made in the last 50
years... what *new* discoveries are being advanced to the benefit of society?
Most of the stuff we are doing in science and technology is merely a further
development of things that were discovered, invented and laid out in the last
half of the 1800's and early 1900's.

There has been hardly a single new development in science with maybe the
exception of inventing new diseases for us to die from, ( iatrogenesis comes to
mind...) Still no cure for Aids,  politicians are letting african nationals die
at record numbers.. no cure for cancer, dispite billions of dollars annually
put in that.. There is no political will to do anything about it, and it is
more probably a matter orf wanting it to happen so the multinationals can keep
extracting resources for free..

 As an electrician I can honestly say electricity hasnt changed, although Tesla
had a way to broadcast power via microwaves, Radio, flourescent lighting, radio
controls, fax machines, telephone,  hasnt changed since Tesla started showing
this stuff to Congress in the early 1920's, we are still using the same
technologies, albeit a bit more refined.. but we still dont know how it works,
we havent started using gravitational fields to generate propulsion, people
that are willing to work and experiment on this are mocked, ridiculed, and even
destroyed..

We are still using diesel and gasoline engines to power cars at pathectic
economy...Jeep boasts a whopping 28 MPG in their new YJ, and hell, they had
that in their old pickup trucks in the 70's,

If we could only permanantly remove the Internal combustion engine from the
economy of the world, then real science and technology could start to work on
something *interesting* instead of "same ol..."

BaaaaaBaaaa... Human sheeple...

( I guess I need a pill this morning... so I'm not so opinionated and unruly...
oh yea.. they do that to young boys in elementary schools too..)

Cheers.. Tim

iwert <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This remembers me of the situation in my university where there
is no real "architectural discussion" anymore.

For some reason people think that what is being discussed is
personally, not for discussions sake. So they got so angry with
eachother every
discussion / dialogue died out,