[OM] wikipedia - was RE: Re: Published!

Subject: [OM] wikipedia - was RE: Re: Published!
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 10:16:26 -0700
I'm not taking sides on the start of the mutation of this thread but I love
how comments can lead to interesting stories ...
... Schon scandal
... Atlanta nights

surely wikipedia itself is the victim of at least one hoax. Looking for an
easy target I took a quick look at C*non:

"Its original purpose was to research the development of quality cameras".
It is reassuring to know they weren't researching the development of cameras
without quality.

OM system at first glance returns more info, but "list of C*non products",
"C*non EOS", "C*non EF lens mount", etc dwarfs OM. So if our perception of
the OM as the pinnacle of camera evolution is to have any substance in
wikipedia, we do need to get busy adding info to Olympus OM !!!

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Martyn Smoothy" <mds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I reckon that CS is our very own version of the Sokal hoax, so time to own
up - who really is writing this stuff?
Not quite sure if this deserves a :-) or not...

Martyn Smoothy