[OM] Re: wikipedia - was RE: Re: Published!

Subject: [OM] Re: wikipedia - was RE: Re: Published!
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 01:24:49 +0800
Jeff

I did mention this in one of the past threads and I also encouraged people
to visit wikipedia for that matter. When I visited wiki to check out, I went
to the "history" page - I think it was "history of the 35mm SLR or something
like that - and I was dismayed that there were hardly anything noteworthy on
Olympus' contribution. And so I decided to add on. It's not comprehensive
enough though but I felt it could be a nice way to start it off.

K.

On 04/09/06, Jeff Keller <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not taking sides on the start of the mutation of this thread but I
> love
> how comments can lead to interesting stories ...
> ... Schon scandal
> ... Atlanta nights
>
> surely wikipedia itself is the victim of at least one hoax. Looking for an
> easy target I took a quick look at C*non:
>
> "Its original purpose was to research the development of quality cameras".
> It is reassuring to know they weren't researching the development of
> cameras
> without quality.
>
> OM system at first glance returns more info, but "list of C*non products",
> "C*non EOS", "C*non EF lens mount", etc dwarfs OM. So if our perception of
> the OM as the pinnacle of camera evolution is to have any substance in
> wikipedia, we do need to get busy adding info to Olympus OM !!!
>
> -jeff
>
> ----Original Message Follows----
> From: "Martyn Smoothy" <mds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> I reckon that CS is our very own version of the Sokal hoax, so time to own
> up - who really is writing this stuff?
> Not quite sure if this deserves a :-) or not...
>
> Martyn Smoothy

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Khen Lim