[OM] Re: Are blurred pictures any good?

Subject: [OM] Re: Are blurred pictures any good?
From: "Mostly" <mostly5@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 15:29:55 -0500
Chuck,

Well, I think it's a great shot.

Hehe -- I feel ya.  I have lots of stories JUST like that. :)  Moms are all
"shoot my daughter", but if you allow them in the frame at all, they'd
better be in focus & looking flattering. :)

http://www.davebulger.com/proof/01100034.jpg

OM4, 85/2, NPS@160

This was the best of a long shoot, but never selected by the client 'cause
mom didn't like the expression on the small part of her face that was
showing. :(

Out of focus stuff can be fun, too.  Or rather, very very shallow DOF.
http://www.davebulger.com/proof/vb399234.jpg

OM1n, Zuiko 55/1.2 + Vivitar 1.6x TC, Fuji RDP@100.

This second shot is SO almost there.  This theme is something I've gotta
revisit & see what I can do to nail it.

In any case, tack-sharp focus is overrated until the moment when you really
need it and can't get it -- then it's paramount! :)

Dave