[OM] Re: Incident vs reflected, was olympus Digest V3 #236

Subject: [OM] Re: Incident vs reflected, was olympus Digest V3 #236
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 11:04:39 +1000

> Bill Pearce <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>  The technique of pointing it
> > towards the camera seems to me to be equally simplistic.
> But that is exactly the point. It IS simplistic, as thedome does all the
>
> work, or thinking.

Yep, and it works just about every time.  Only problem I've had is with very
strong crosslighting and low latitude film (transparency) resulting in blown
highlights.  In these conditions any metering technique which relies on
averaging will be wrong - bring out the spot meter.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com