[OM] Re: OT computer question

Subject: [OM] Re: OT computer question
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 15:43:47 -0700

>Guess I haven't paid any attention to XP 64-bit.  Why the dual boot?
>Aren't 32-bit apps compatible on the 64-bit system?  Is XP 64-bit a true
>64-bit system or is it some sort of hokey extended memory addressing
>scheme that the apps have to be aware of?
>
>Chuck Norcut

Chuck, I don't know much about it except what I can find from MS. (see
below) I'm not sure I can find drivers for all my old hardware nor could
I run old apps, access old data. And it looks like an upgrade to PS CS2
would be necessary. MS also says that unless your file size exceeds 2gb
maybe 32bits are enough. Running XP HomeEd I'm looking at the 3gb RAM
limit so if going Pro why not 64bitPro? Big $$$ to do all this though.
Anyone been there, done that?

Mike

<http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/default.mspx>