[OM] Re: Incident vs reflected

Subject: [OM] Re: Incident vs reflected
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 21:05:00 -0400
In all this discussion of incident metering I guess I should probably
have pointed out that 90 of my incident metering is flash metering.  If
it's not measuring the main light it's measuring the flash as fill in
daylight.  But even so I still check the histogram.  The 5D is very nice
in that respect since it gives you histograms for each color channel and
not simply total luminosity.  The Minolta A1 can look pretty good in
total luminosity while at the same time blowing the highlights on the
red channel.

Chuck Norcutt