[OM] Re: Steve Irwin passing

Subject: [OM] Re: Steve Irwin passing
From: "Terry and Tracey" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 20:18:52 +1000
Echoing some later comments - he was much bigger in the States than here. I
never heard of him until I went to the States. In the last few years he
definitely gained popularity out here.

I thought he was a nutter originally. I got his movie on DVD. The kids love
it (so do I - just the way he pokes fun at himself). It was interesting
seeing the extras with him explaining the safety and how the shot would be
taken. A very different person. That made me respect him a whole lot more.

Nobody could ever deny his passion for all he did.

I was at work and heard on the radio that he was dead. The stingray thing
doesn't surprise me. I've snorkelled over them and always been wary of the
tail. I've never had one strike, but it is easy to see how it could happen.

He definitely got nature out there.

Foxy

Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive.