[OM] Re: smallness WAS Re: EOS 400D

Subject: [OM] Re: smallness WAS Re: EOS 400D
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:33:02 -0700
On 9/5/06 9:44 AM, "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If
> the OM had approached the marketplace with that attitude, there would
> probably be a lot of people on this list that never would have bought OMs.

Yep. _Exactly_ why I traded in my SRT-101 for my OM-1md at 47th Street Photo
in 1976....

When someone makes an AF compact dSLR camera with the basically perfect
control interface of my Ricoh GR-1v I'll be all over it.

Now there's a company that thinks about how photographers actually use a
camera. I'm sorely tempted by the GR-Digital. Maybe combined with a F30 for
low light/indoors....

Which leads me to another OT ramble... I think someone here in fact (Moose
probably...) brought up the idea of digital camera as the film. (the
sensor/processing part of the camera anyway, which is probably more of a
determinant of image quality than lens at this point?) What we're trying to
do here is make one film cover all situations. So we gripe about how bad
Delta 100 is in low light instead of just loading up a roll of FP4.....

Rob in Seattle