[OM] Re: Pentax KAF to Olympus four-thirds

Subject: [OM] Re: Pentax KAF to Olympus four-thirds
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 20:04:16 -0400
Ali,

I would expect you will have no trouble mounting this or any other KAF lens
using a K mount to E System adapter. However looking at images of this lens
it doesn't show a manual aperture ring so you will be stuck using it wide
open. This would likely result in less than optimal performance. I suspect
you would get better use out of the money by saving it until you can afford
the 11-22mm (which would give you a corrected 22-44mm equivalent range) or
the 8mm fixed fisheye for the E system. The whole concept of a zoom fisheye
is quite tempting but if you wanted to play with this lens buying a K-1000D
would do you better than cross mounting it.

HTH, Dan S.