[OM] Re: A couple of interesting things at ShootSmarter.

Subject: [OM] Re: A couple of interesting things at ShootSmarter.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 06:11:34 -0400
Will Crockett is probably the world's greatest proponent of shooting
JPEG instead of raw.  He thinks the workflow costs for pro's to shoot
raw is too heavy a price to pay.  Therefore it's not a surprise to see
him fostering a device to set a custom white balance.  Looks like a nice
product but the price is pretty stiff.  I think I'll stick with my
WhiBal for raw and "Digital Grey Card" from Robin Myers Imaging
<http://secure.netsolhost.com/664583.677720/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CI&Product_Code=DGC-100&Category_Code=GC>
if I need a custom white balance.

The skin tone shootout should be very interesting.  Crockett is
basically a wedding photographer and portraitist so skin tones are a
subject near and dear to his heart.  It will be interesting to see how
the test is conducted and which cameras are even tested.

Chuck Norcutt