[OM] Re: EOS 400D

Subject: [OM] Re: EOS 400D
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:57:29 -0700
I seem to have missed the target quite a few times ...

I regularly use the FL50 hanging at the end of a cord and haven't used it
for macro. So I completely missed that it can tilt down (it was at home
while the 5D was next to me). Thanks to everyone who pointed out that it
can!

The Quantum bits and pieces are slowly coming together. I'm using the older
2 version flashes and older version RF slaves. Quantum documentation isn't
kept up to date very well so I could be missing something here also.

While looking for a way to have the RF slave (FW10) trigger the camera, I
found two different options for my 5D, a single option for an Olympus motor
drive equipped OM, but no options for my E-1. Is there one?

The only hot shoe adapter "foot" for the RF transmitter that I could find to
work with the E-1 is their FW11 which is a generic adapter and doesn't
provide any TTL capability. The 5D is completely supported. (The D10w
adapter provides wired capability for an E-1 comparable to the wireless
capability a FW53N adapter provides the C*non 5D)

Unfortunately the most complete list of what Quantum offers is their price
list which isn't complete. I'm too cheap to buy new flash gear unless I have
to, so I haven't had any reason to phone them to ask if they have something
for Olympus that isn't listed. Not surprising the frustrations come to mind
before the the things that work right.

The Quantum gear is looking quite promising. I can have "sunlight" pouring
out of a room but I still have to experiment with filters some more to
eliminate blue ceilings.

Not a very good shot but this isn't really sunlight either ...
http://www.julianalee.com/homes/2006/gates_st_914/landing.htm

the previous two tone (blue + orange) bathroom proves I didn't have filters
with me.

OT: this home is quite inexpensive (relatively) at $759,000 because it is in
a new neighborhood that was built in a city that earned a title many wished
it hadn't. There is a lot of very high stakes betting going on.

Thanks everyone,
-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>

True indeed the FL-50 is compatible with the Turbo batteries, and the
current Qflash 4D variants do allow TTL control by the E-system (though not
the FP function alas).

Dan S.

 >Walt said:

nearly