[OM] Re: OT- your thoughts on the N**** D8

Subject: [OM] Re: OT- your thoughts on the N**** D8
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 10:01:02 -0700
Hi, Gord. I switched to Nikon with the D100 when I gave up waiting
for an E-1 to appear. I am now using a D200. Love them both with no
negatives for me, except on the complexity side with the D200. My
advise is to try to handle cameras as part of your shopping. There is
a big difference in the feel and sound. I just really liked the feel
and ergonomics better than the other options. It just had a feel of
rightness to it like the OMs, albeit a bit larger:-)

There is a selection of really good digitally reformulated lenses and
the wide angle quality is very good. After my experience and reading
lots of reviews of Nikons for several years, I would not hesitate to
get a D80 without seeing a review. Both those lenses are great. The
10.5 fisheye is pleasingly tiny, and frequently used as a rectilinear
superwide using the conversion in Nikon Capture. The initial
impression of the 17-55/2.8, which I have, is surprisingly large and
heavy, but is worth getting used to. Beautiful images. I think you
will be very happy with the D80.

I still have an OM-1, 35-70/3.6, 50/3.5 which I don't use. Have a
C-7000Z which I do use.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA